8.04.2008

Woke up in St. Louis




It is a freaky sensation when early morning grogginess tricks you into thinking that you really are asleep in a familiar bed, hundreds of miles away. But when you wake you remember where you are. I imagine that this is what an amputee feels like. In the grogginess he says to himself optimistically, "I think I'll play golf today." Five minutes later, "Guess not." We just moved from Boston to St. Louis. I woke up today in St. Louis. One hour back. Central Time. I never knew how good I had it living in Eastern Time. Every TV show is scheduled in Eastern Time. They leave it up to the rest of us schmucks to do the math and remember.

2 comments:

ellen said...

Yeah! More blogging friends!!

Lucy said...

I love central time! You can watch more shows without staying up later! And Matt loves that sporting events end earlier, so he isn't so tired for work the next day. Hope you guys are settling in nicely.

macyfron.com