8.05.2008

White Coat Ceremony!



Anne Marie said not to post the video, but I think she looks adorable.

Sunday was truly a great day. God helped out. The days prior and the days after Sunday were blistering hot. But on Sunday morning it rained, and by the time of the ceremony the rain had stopped and the weather was perfect.





Our parents were in town, which made the time even sweeter for Anne Marie (and me).

It was strange how these doctors-to-be looked so green, so fresh and deer-in-headlights. You would think that would end at some point, but no, they looked like the cafeteria on the first day of sixth grade. I felt so happy for Anne Marie when she got her coat. There was a sudden realization that very few people actually have the chance to become a doctor, then another realization that the difference between us and the people in white coats was that they could someday cut people open without going to jail. And they say medicine has no perks.

During the day my mind kept playing through Brian Regan's shtick on doctor's:



"Number one: don't stand directly in front of a canon. . . . how true that is!"

7 comments:

jri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jri said...

Congrats you guys! Ann Marrie nice white coat, beautiful church...Danny I'm thinking you need to get yourself an artsy XXL flannel or something and film it an industrial setting or or something.

Cami said...

Yay! I'm so excited we can keep up with you through your blog. That's a lovely white coat, Anne Marie- it reminds me of Patch Adams. Also, funny Regan video; I especially liked the "you might feel a little pressure" bit.

Katie said...

Hey Danny! My mom just sent me your link ... welcome to the Blog World! I'm excited to be able to see what you guys are up to! Anne Marie, Congratulations on the white coat! That's pretty awesome!

CnLAland said...

Hey guys! Thanks for leaving me a comment so I knew your blog existed! (Sometimes the 'word' doesn't travel very fast out here to the sticks where I live!!) You both look great!! Congrats Ann Marie! I love that we can keep in touch this way now...hopefully we'll be able to catch up in person one of these days! Any trips to SLC planned?

Jess said...

I LOVED it!!! I totally remember my white coat ceremony, such an awesome day. Congratulations, Anne Marie!!! Good luck!

Sarah said...

congrats Anne Marie!! We're so excited for you! I'm glad you guys started a blog, it will be fun to keep in touch.