9.23.2008

Company Fishing Trip - Boston Harbor

To all of our rabid readers, all two of you, it is about time that I hunker down and write something substantial. Right now I am in Boston on a business trip so let me start of with some musings from my trip out here.

Airplanes:

This has probably happened to you. You are on an airplane. It's about to land. Your head is reclined back so that the back of your head is touching your back. Your mouth is ajar. You are the poster child for relaxation. Then a high pitched voice destroys your snuggly little world. It's the flight attendant. She's there to remind you that you need to raise your chair into it's upright and locked position because the chair goes back a whole 3 degrees and if you don't adjust it your very life will be in danger. I'm sorry, but if our 747 is plummeting toward Earth at 500 mph, adjusting my seat back 3 degrees isn't going to do jack. I mean geez lady! If we're going down, let me at least enjoy my recline of 3 degrees. (eyes rolling)



On Friday I went fishing with some guys from work. We set out to catch some stripers and blue fish. . .







...but ended up catching some other stuff too.







So I caught a shark. I was reeling it in when suddenly it came to the surface and I could see it. I was pretty excited. He was a small little guy but while I was holding him for the picture he kept turn his head up toward me looking at me. Don't worry, I threw him back.

But the bigger story is that we caught 3 seagulls. They kept swooping down for our bait before it had time to sink. The hooks were caught in their beaks as they tried to fly away. Just imagine these big gulls trailing the boat like a parasailors! So we had to pull them in, then our captain grabbed them by the throat, wrenched out the hook, and then threw them up into the air. I think we had a 4:1 fish to bird ratio.

Good times...





Dee-lish...

1 comment:

Hi! I'm Ruby said...

yummy! good catch. mouth watering. :)